Friday, February 6, 2015

Greetings!

Hello and welcome!

My name is Renae Tornatore and I'm a Los Angeles, California-based tutor. I work with students from pre-kindergarten to post-college, across the spectrum of learning abilities and topics. I create and execute individualized learning plans for each of my students dependent on their needs, capabilities and goals. I've been tutoring for over seven years, during which time I have had a lot of changes occur in my life:

  • Moved from Massachusetts to California
  • Graduated with both my BS and MA
  • Got laid off from first "adult" corporate job
  • Lost over 90 pounds through a dietary overhaul and developing a passion for fitness
  • Started dating and married my best friend
  • Started a fantastic part time job at my favorite dance studio 
  • Watched way too much Netflix
Along the way, I kept rediscovering my passion for education. I always came back to tutoring. It's the best job I've ever had--I'm constantly learning and have the honor of working one-on-one with amazing kids and adults. 

So, now I'm starting this blog to share my tips and tricks, fun history/political tidbits, tutoring topics, grammar smack downs and anything else, really. I promise I'll always relate it education, it just might take me a while to get there. Who is this blog meant to be for? I'd like to immediately just say everyone, but anticipate my audience being mainly composed of educators, students, people that are just into learning and those that love random pop culture moments.

Thanks for checking out my blog! More content to come! If you're curious about my services, available in person for those in the Los Angeles area and online via Skype otherwise, please feel free to email me at rkltornatore@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment